1. Secretly listen to your voice notesPicture this: you're navigating the hustle and bustle of your day, weaving through the ebb and flow of city life when suddenly, a crucial voice note lands in your digital mailbox. You feel a surge of anticipation, only to realize that the essential details are imprisoned in the audio realm.
Image Source: MsnTechBlogWhat happens when you’re out and about and you get sent an important voice note, but you can’t listen to it because you forgot your headphones…well, it turns out if you place your phone near your ear when playing it, the voice note will be played as if you are on a phone call.Original content sourced from Femanin.com
2. The offline mapEmbarking on a journey armed with the reliance on Google Maps is a modern-day adventure, a digital compass guiding us through the twists and turns of unknown territories. Yet, the fear that creeps in when the ominous red battery indicator begins to blink, threatening to plunge us into a navigation nightmare.
Image Source: Android AuthorityIt can be a scary prospect when you are trying to navigate your journey using Google Maps and then you realise your android phone is about to die…but fear not, there is a handy solution. Make sure you lowland the ‘offline map’ before your journey so you’ll never get stuck again!
3. Retrieve lost notificationsAh, the infamous dance of digital frustration – that moment when a notification tantalizingly flashes across your screen, only to be swiftly swiped into the oblivion of accidental deletion. The collective sigh of smartphone users resonates with the shared exasperation of this universal experience.Image Source: Android CentralHow annoying is it when you see notification pop up on your phone and you accidentally swipe and delete it? We’ve all been there! But don’t worry, there is a way you can retrieve these lost notifications by switching on your ‘notification history’ in settings.
4. Drag and dropIn the vast landscape of the digital realm, where information flows freely and communication knows no bounds, the art of seamlessly transferring large sections of text from one application to another can be a precarious dance. Picture yourself engulfed in the enthralling depths of Google Chrome.
Image Source: Tech AdvisorIt can be a fiddly task to copy and paste large sections of text from Google Chrome to other applications, such as WhatsApp or e-mail. But luckily, android phones have a clever hack which will allow you to drag and drop text using the split-screen mode - easy peasy!
5. Scan and goIn the ever-evolving tapestry of technological innovations, one particular gem shines brighter than the rest – a hack so ingenious, it elevates the functionality of our devices to new heights. Enter the marvel that is Google Drive, now equipped with a feature that transforms mundane documents into the versatile elegance of PDFs.
Image Source: KiikyThis is one of the best hacks yet…Google Drive now enables you to scan and turn a document into a PDF. Simply open the Google Drive app, press the ‘+’ icon and select scan. This will use your camera to scan to document and automatically convert it to a PDF file.
6. Flip your phone to silence a callThe dance of modern technology can sometimes be a precarious one, and nothing epitomizes this more than the inadvertent acceptance of a call when you least expect it. We've all been there – the phone rings at an inopportune moment, perhaps during a crucial meeting or a serene moment of solitude.
Image Source: NextPitHow many times have you accidentally answered a call when you didn’t mean to? If you want to quickly silence calls, go to your settings and enable the ‘flip to silent’ mode. This will enable you to quickly flip over the screen of your android phone to silence calls.
7. Mega-zoomIn the vast canvas of the digital landscape, precision is often the key to unlocking hidden details or immersing oneself in the finer nuances of a visual masterpiece. Enter the triple-tap enchantment – a feature nestled within the capabilities of your Android phone.
Image Source: Baymard InstituteIf you want to zoom in on something on your android phone simply triple-tap on the screen and this will activate the ‘magnification’ feature. You can easily adjust the degree of magnification by spreading your two fingers apart to zoom in, or bring them back together to zoom out.
8. Narration featureIn the realm of modern convenience, where our smartphones have evolved into multifaceted companions, the struggle of squinting at a document or straining our eyes in the absence of glasses is a familiar saga. But lo and behold, a beacon of assistance emerges from the digital expanse.
Image Source: MakeUseOfThis is the perfect feature if you need to proof-read a document or you’ve forgotten your glasses! Google Assistance will now read out loud for you, so save the eye strain and let your android phone do the work. You can even adjust the speed of the narration to your liking.
9. Perfect picturesIn the realm of smartphone photography, where every click captures a moment and transforms it into a digital masterpiece, the quest for the perfect shot is an ever-present endeavor. Enter the unsung hero of visual precision – the 'grid lines' feature, a subtle yet powerful hack that holds the key.
Image Source: The Vienna BlogIf you want to improve the quality of the photos you take using your android phone, this is the hack for you. Make sure to enable the ‘grid lines’ feature, which will insert two horizontal and vertical lines on the screen when you open the camera to make sure you capture the perfect shot.
10. Hide your filesIn the realm of personal privacy and digital confidentiality, the need to safeguard important files from prying eyes is paramount. Android phones, the modern guardians of our digital secrets, offer a discreet yet effective solution that requires nothing more than a subtle touch of punctuation.
Image Source: EaseUSIf confidentiality is important to you then listen up…android phones will let you hide important files away from easy access without downloading a dodgy app. Simply add a full stop symbol to the front of the files name and it will immediately hidden from prying eyes.
11. Game-modeFor the ardent mobile gamer, the smartphone is not just a device; it's a portal to realms of digital adventure and immersive gameplay. If your primary reason for wielding a high-tech Android phone is to plunge into the heart of gaming landscapes, then the knowledge of the 'game mode' is your key.
Image Source: antaranews.comIf you’re main reason for owning a high-tech android phone is for the purpose of gaming, you need to know about the ‘game mode’. This feature will optimise your device for gaming performance and improve battery life, making it the ideal option for serious mobile gamers.
12. Speed up your phoneIn the intricate tapestry of Android phone functionalities, where every swipe and tap contributes to the seamless dance of digital interaction, there's a clandestine hack waiting to enhance your experience—one that you might not have uncovered yet. Brace yourself for a revelation...
Image Source: Review GeekI bet you didn’t know this hack about android phones…you can actually speed up the reaction time of your phone by changing the animation speed. All phones are programmed at 1x speed, so simply go to the ‘developers option’ and lower it to 0.5x speed.
13. Incognito modeIn the era of digital footprints and interconnected technologies, the desire for privacy has become an ever-growing concern. If you find yourself hesitant about Google Maps recording your every move and mapping escapade, worry not, for there exists a clandestine feature within your Android phone.
Image Source: Android Gadget HacksIf you want to avoid Google Maps storing your location and map use history, make sure you enable ‘incognito mode’ on your android phone. You can do this by going to the Google Maps application, selecting your profile icon and switching on ‘incognito mode’.
14. Smart alertIn the whirlwind of modern-day hustle and bustle, where our attention is divided among countless tasks, staying connected in the digital realm becomes a delicate balance. For the chronically busy individual, the struggle to not miss important calls or messages can be a daily juggling act.
Image Source: Android Gadget HacksIf you’re a busy person and you’re rarely on your android phone, you should enable the ‘smart alert’ feature. This will activate your phone to vibrate every time you pick it up if you have been sent a message or a call, meaning you’ll never miss anything important.
15. The power of 'do not disturb'In the symphony of modern life, where the cacophony of notifications threatens to disrupt moments of peace and focus, finding respite becomes a digital imperative. If the incessant pings and rings on your Android phone have become a source of irritation, the solution lies within the elegant embrace.
Image Source: Android CentralDo you find it annoying when notifications and calls are constantly popping up on your phone, even when you aren’t using it? This is why you should make use of ‘do not disturb’ which silences them for as long as you want to without missing the important stuff.
16. Pin your chatIn the intricate web of modern communication, there's often that one person who serves as the constant companion in the digital symphony of our daily lives. The camaraderie shared through a perpetual thread of messages is a testament to the bond, but the repetitive act of opening the messaging app can become a minor frustration.
Image Source: Android CentralWe all have that one person we chat to all day every day…but it can be quite frustrating to open the messaging app every time you want to reply to them. Instead, make sure you pin the chat to your home screen so you have easy access to the thread of messages.
17. Tap don't swipeIn the grand tapestry of smartphone technology, designed to be a seamless extension of our daily lives, the act of accepting or rejecting a call should be as effortless as a gentle breeze. However, the reliability of swiping to respond to a call can sometimes become a minor source of frustration.
Image Source: GizbotAlthough android phone technology has been designed to be as convenient for their users as possible, sometimes swiping to accept or reject a call can be unreliable. Make sure you enable the ‘single tap mode’ which will allow you to respond to a call by simply tapping the screen.
18. Speed up your chargingIn the fast-paced world where our smartphones are lifelines, the race against time to recharge our devices efficiently becomes a common struggle. Amidst the myriad of charging hacks, there exists a universal gem that caters to Android users of all ages— the 'airplane mode' trick.
Image Source: Gadgets To UseNo matter how old or new your android phone is, this hack will work for everyone. If you ever need to speed up the rate of charging, make sure you switch on ‘airplane mode’. This will stop your phone wasting battery in the background, and you’ll be back to 100% in no time.
19. One-handed modeIn the ever-evolving landscape of Android phones, the pursuit of larger screens has become a defining trend. While this expansive canvas delivers an immersive experience for media consumption, it can pose a challenge when it comes to handling daily tasks with ease.
Image Source: Android CentralAndroid phones are getting even bigger as time goes on…and while this may be great for watching videos and browsing the web online, it can make it difficult to complete daily tasks. This is why you need to use the ‘one-handed mode’ in the advanced features.
20. Hold the callIn the realm of modern telecommunications, the art of waiting on hold has long been a frustrating ballet of patience. But fear not, for the ever-resourceful Google Assistant has a trick up its virtual sleeve to liberate you from the tyranny of hold music and wasted time.
Image Source: The VergeHow many times have you been left on hold waiting to connect? Well, you don’t have to waste your time anymore because Google Assistant will do it for you! Tap the three dots in the left hand corner and choose ‘hold for me’ and they will alert you when it has been connected.
21. Google LensIn the vast tapestry of Android features, Google Lens stands out as a digital maestro, orchestrating a symphony of convenience and information at your fingertips. It's not just an app; it's a visual wizard that transforms your smartphone camera into a gateway to instant knowledge and exploration.
Image Source: The KeywordThis is probably one of the best android features out there…Google Lens. There is no need to spend hours surfing the web or flicking through brochures, if you want to find out what the item is in front of you, simply open the Google Lens app and point the camera towards it!
22. Pin the screenIn the digital age, where smartphones hold an undeniable allure, the parenting landscape has evolved to include the challenge of managing a child's interaction with these captivating devices. Fret not, for the ingenious feature of pinning the screen emerges as a digital guardian.
Image Source: Guiding TechThis is one for all the parents out there…in this modern era, we all know how obsessed young children are with phones. But if you’re worried your child might open something they shouldn’t, you can pin the screen to lock the phone on the page of your choice.
23. Find the name of any songIn the serendipitous moments of life, where the rhythm of the world harmonizes with the melodies around you, encountering an unfamiliar song can be both exciting and frustrating. The annoyance of not knowing the title or artist is a familiar pang for many, but fear not...
Image Source: PCMag 3How annoying is it when you’re out and about and a great song comes on that you don’t recognise? That’s why need to know about Google Assist! Simply voice activate it by using the command ‘Hey Google’ or hold down the home button, then ask what song is being played.
24. Dark modeIn the quest for preserving precious battery life on your Android phone, every trick and tweak becomes a valuable ally. If you find yourself yearning for a battery-saving hack that goes beyond the standard settings, then the clandestine world of Chrome flags has a gem waiting for you.
Image Source: CNETIf you’re looking for new ways to save your android phone battery, this is the hack for you. Enter “chrome://flags” into the URL box on Google Chrome and select ‘auto dark mode for web contents’. This will force all webpages into dark mode, savings tons of juice.
25. Never lose your phone again!The fear of misplacing our treasured Android phones is a universal concern. As these devices become indispensable extensions of our digital selves, the prospect of losing them strikes a chord of anxiety. Fear not, for within the arsenal of Android features lies a superhero.
Image Source: PCMagOur greatest fear is misplacing our android phone…they are just too valuable and expensive to lose! But don’t worry, luckily there is a special feature on android phones called ‘find my device’ which will allow you to locate exactly where you left it - thank goodness!
26. Create an app shortcutIn the bustling landscape of daily tasks and digital interactions, the desire for streamlined efficiency is a common thread. The Android phone, our faithful companion in the modern world, becomes a canvas for customization and convenience. Enter the ingenious solution: the power button programming.
Image Source: PCMagHow handy would it be if you could open your most used app on your android phone at the single click of a button…well, it turns out you actually can! You can programme your power button to open any app or feature of your choice, making life so much easier.
27. Minimise distractionsIn the kaleidoscope of digital distractions that our smartphones offer, the constant barrage of colorful app icons and vibrant notifications can be a siren call to diversion. But fear not, for within the depths of your Android phone's settings lies a subtle yet powerful antidote: the 'monochrome mode.'
Image Source: Android InfotechIf you are easily distracted by the bright coloured app icons and message notifications popping up on your android phone, you need to try ‘monochrome mode’. This will make your screen black and white, which may look boring but is much less enticing if you’re trying to concentrate.
28. The dialler buttonIn the tapestry of our daily communications, certain numbers become familiar threads, weaving in and out of our lives with regularity. When the need to reach out to a particular contact arises frequently, the convenience of a direct line becomes invaluable.
Image Source: RegendusIf you call the same number frequently and want to easily dial the last number you last contacted without accessing your recent calls list, you need to use the ‘dialler’ button. This will automatically show the last number you contacted, making life a lot easier.
29. GBoardIn the realm of digital communication, the keyboard becomes our gateway to expression, seamlessly translating thoughts into text. For Android users, the embodiment of this digital interface is GBoard—a keyboard that transcends mere typing functionality, offering a realm of customization.
Image Source: NextPitHave you heard of GBoard? If you haven’t then you need to know more! GBoard is the unique Google keyboard which come with most android phones. The beauty of this keyboard is you can customise however you want to make life easier. You can even use it to create personalised meme stickers.
30. Virtual measuring tapeIn the ever-evolving landscape of smartphone capabilities, the marriage of digital innovation and practical utility reaches new heights. If you've ever found yourself in the predicament of needing to measure an object but lacking a traditional measuring tape, fear not—your Android phone steps in.
Image Source: CNETThis one is revolutionary…how many times have you needed to measure something to make sure it is the perfect fit, but you don’t have access to a standard measuring tape. Well, now you measure the length of objects by using your android phone camera - hoorah!